Skillcrush is on the hunt for a designer to mentor students in our Visual Design Blueprint! This role is part-time, and the ideal candidate will work 5-10 hours/week.
It will be your job to give students the crucial feedback they need to sharpen their design skills. You’ll teach them how to concisely talk about their work, iterate based on feedback, and give constructive criticism to their classmates.
You are a good fit for this role if you are a designer with a strong portfolio, and a talent for delivering feedback in a positive, supportive way.
The perfect candidate has freelance experience and a passion for mentorship. They care about making technology education more fun, accessible, and personable!
- Host at least two Google Hangouts per week for Visual Design students to give and receive feedback on homework assignments.
- Support instructors in moderating the student community by giving feedback on posted work and answering questions on topics like freelancing, interviewing, and networking.
- Work with instructors to identify improvements that should be made to class material or the way in which we support students.
- Top-notch communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working as a designer, with a strong portfolio of digital and print work
- Adept at giving constructive feedback that is actionable and supportive
- Evening and weekend availability in North American time zones
- Lots of patience and empathy!
- Experience working as a web designer and/or front-end developer
- Experience working on a remote team
- Mountain or Pacific time zone
- Flexible, remote work
- Free access to all the Skillcrush technology classes you can eat
- A fun, passionate team working from all over the world
- A fast growing company with lots of opportunities for job growth
Skillcrush is a rapidly growing online tech education company that offers online classes, workshops, and blueprints on a variety of technology topics.
Although based in New York City, the Skillcrush team is a remote company and welcomes job applicants from all over the world!
Please send an email to email@example.com with “Skillcrush Visual Design Mentor” in the subject line. We don’t want to see a formal cover letter. Instead, please include the following with your email. (We won’t consider you without these things!)
- A little bit about you.
- A link to your online portfolio.
- Something you’re excited to learn this year.
You should also feel free to include links to your resume, GitHub profile, or other relevant places where we can learn about you on the web.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll be in touch.